So I decided to start an exercise in having a grateful heart. So every single day I’m going to list 5 things to thank God for in my life. Each week I’ll post my list for that week on this blog. Because this is really between me and God it could get personal, so if it does, I will post “[omit]” instead of the item on the master list, but most things I am sure I will share.
It has to be something that impacted my life that day (ie while I may be grateful for my friends every day, I can’t list a friend unless we’ve had some communication that day). Within a week there should be no repeats because otherwise I could just thank God for the same things every day… but some things, especially people we love, are worth thanking Him for often. While I am certainly not limited to five praises a day in real life, for the purpose of the list I am.
At the end of the year I should have a list of 1,825 praises!
Lord, thank you for…
Saturday May 7, 2011
- Ryan, as a partner for the journey!
- Corwin, who is cuddly and adorable.
- chicken pot pie, made with love.
- blogs, which are awesome.
- Picking the Derby winner for the first time in years!*
Sunday May 8, 2011
- for dogs ready and willing to protect us from danger—even imagined.
- butterflies, for snapping me out of a mental funk and making me focus on beauty.
- The Bible, for nourishing us spiritually and for being a tool You use to guide us.
- my friend Adela calling and us getting to reconnect!
- time with my parents.
Monday, May 9, 2011
- Sophie the wonderful.
- Homemade biscuits.
- Chocolate, in all its forms!
- My friend Jennifer!
- My friend Lydia!
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
- Text messaging
- God’s faithfulness in working on our imperfections
- My father
- Homemade bread
- Writing, both the doing and the reading of other people’s
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
- Mom actually spending time in the living room
- God explaining other people to me sometimes
- Being a county girl!
- Krispy Kreme being opened 24 hours.
Thursday, May 12, 2011
- The internet
- My friend Katie
- The Kingdom
- Radar, the wonderful dog
Friday, May 13, 2011
*every year my family watches and we pick a horse and this is the first time in years I’ve picked the winner. No gambling involved, and no prizes either. But it’s sure fun to pick a winner anyway!