Thursday, July 21, 2011

Coach to 5K: Furlough Week

If you haven't read them yet, I posted three posts yesterday about what I've been going through with my health: part one, part two, part three.

I was supposed to start the C25K week four Sunday.  I had plans to go to church and my sister was visiting and it was morning and I don't like morning. I needed a shower and... I was lazy. So I didn't do it.

Monday and Tuesday I was in pain, as I said in the posts above.  And on Tuesday I had my biopsy. The biopsy involved them going into my uterus and well it hurt. And my abdominal cavity is aching and sore and the doctor implied it will be days before it heals.  Running causes you to use your core a lot. I just hurt too much to do it...

I have to prioritize. I am not quitting the C25K. But I'm looking at the timeline and while I could maybe *just* finish it in time for the 5K, I may be having surgery before then. And if it's going to take me a few days to recover from the biopsy, it'll take a lot to recover from a D&C. Especially since my uterus was already in agony before all this. I may not have the D&C though, it's not set in stone, so we'll see.

Basically: I will continue the C25K as the limits of my body decide. And I will  do the Field of Sunflowers 5K. 

But it's possible I may have to walk part of it, and I hope everyone will forgive me if I do. I don't want to let anyone down.

I'm not sure when I'll feel well enough to start week four, but I'm hoping this weekend. Regardless, I'll give you an update next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for comments, they delight me! Please keep your comments civil and while I read every comment, I reserve the right to delete ones that are especially negative. Thanks!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...