1. Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you, plus you MUST create a set of 11 new questions for the 11 people you tag.
3. Choose 11 bloggers (or less)
5. Absolutely no tag backs
6. The bloggers have to have less than 200 followers.
7. Go inform them that you nominated them for the award.
So here I go! First 11 random things about me:
- I was a theatre major in college.
- I was goth/punk in high school and won "Most Original Dresser" senior superlative. In the yearbook photo I'm pretty sure I'm wearing hot pink jeans with oversized black zippers, a black shirt which I think had bell sleeves, a tie with jungle animals on it, a necklace with little plastic gumball machine aliens on it, black lipstick, and had dyed black hair that was cut to come to points at my jawline then veer back to be crew cut short in the back. Yes, this was fairly normal for me.
- In college I typically wore tshirts and jeans because, well, dressing that "originally" in high school took effort. My style has been "broke and lazy" for a while... but I'm looking forward to building a new wardrobe in India and hopefully reflecting my personality on a regular basis for the first time since high school. (And yes, my personality has changed and I won't be goth again.)
- I have owned a guitar since I was 13 and have never learned to play. :( Mainly this is because I apparently can't teach myself worth anything and I've never had a regular teacher. I definitely still want to learn... though I'll be selling my guitar to move.
- I've never been out of the USA before, but I've been to 20 states.
- I hate secrets, and so present myself as a 'here it all is, let me lay it all out' kind of girl. But in reality, life demands discretion, and God is teaching me about timing. So while I share as much as I can, God is keeping some of the craziest stuff off the blog, for now.
- On the hall I lived in one year in college had residents fluent in the following languages: English, German, Spanish, Amharic, Arabic, French, Bosnian, Nepalese, Hindi, and whatever the language spoken in Sri Lanka is (sorry Eranga!)
- The languages I am fluent in: English.
- In a typical year I probably read at least 150 books.
- I won "Best Adult Costume" at the Harry Potter party at Barnes and Noble for the release of The Deathly Hallows.
- I won "Best Dressed Female Non-Hindu" at the festival I went to with my Nepalese friends in college. (I hadn't realized before today how many times I've won awards for my attire!)
Now answering Jen's questions:
- If you could live anywhere for a year, where would it be and why? I'm assuming this is other than SC or India, for fun's sake, and Ryan comes with me... I'm going to say the Phillipines. In college I made some casual Filopino friends online and it gave me a strange desire to go there someday.
- If you had to give up one food item you loved forever, what would it be? Cake. Because while it's yummy, so is pie or muffins or cookies or candy...
- How do you decompress at the end of each night before bed? Do you read books, pray, listen to music? I typically read, and sometimes play solitaire or watch tv. Best is getting to talk to Ryan, but because of our schedule we don't get to as much anymore.
- Would you choose the sex of your child(ren), if you could? With medical intervention? no. But if like God said I could or I could make a wish upon a birthday cake or will it into existance... yeah, maybe. It'd be fun to have that kind of control. I'd have both genders, I'd just get to pick the order and distribution.
- What superpower would you like to have? Haha, I answered that earlier this week. But for fun's sake, let's say I couldn't get that one... probably teleporting. No visas or passports, airline or other travel prices? Uh... yes!!!
- What is your favorite household chore? Gosh, I am not a cleanie... I guess arranging stuff on shelves. Organizing. I can get obsessive about it.
- What is in your purse? Keys, wallet, make-up, notebook, pen. Usually cell, but not right now. Often jewelry I took off and a hair elastic/clip. Typically at least one if not three books I'm reading or reviewing. And often my netbook, if I'm using a tote sized purse.
- The #1 thing on your "bucket list" is....? Marry Ryan
- If you could tell your 16-year-old self anything, what would it be? Gosh... all types of sex are sex. I kn0w, tmi, but when I was 18 I made the mistake of lying to myself saying only the one type of sex was forbidden before marriage, and I really regret that. It all has such a spiritual impact.
- Mac or PC? PC
- Would you rather get your belly button or tongue pierced? belly button
- Why did you give your blog its name?
- If you could get a free college degree of any level from any college, excluding any degree you may currently be pursuing, what would you study and where?
- What is your favorite genre of music?
- Do you have pets? If yes, tell us about them. If no, why not?
- How many emails are unread in your inbox right now?
- If every living person/pet is out safe, what thing would you grab on your way out if your house was burning down?
- If you got to name the street you live on, what would you call it?
- What was the last book you read?
- What is your favorite edible guilty pleasure?
- Tell us about your best friend.
- What is the best dish you can cook, if you can cook?
And my nominees, should they choose to accept, are: